[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - IdentitySessionFactory

darin8809 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 14 10:23:20 EST 2008

I'm unable to access IdentitySessionFactory from a custom portlet (located outside of the jboss sar)

In jboss-server.xml  I have the following set:

 <transaction>
  |             <trans-attribute>Required</trans-attribute>
  |  </transaction>
  |  <service>
  |         <service-name>UserModule</service-name>
  |         <service-class>org.jboss.portal.identity.UserModule</service-class>
  |         <service-ref>:service=Module,type=User</service-ref>
  |    </service>

In my portlet I'm doing this:

  |  SessionFactory identitySessionFactory = (SessionFactory) new InitialContext().lookup(
  |                 "java:/portal/IdentitySessionFactory");

The above returns null (however the jndi is listing in the jmx console)

Any ideas?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129417#4129417

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129417