[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - JMSXDeliveryCount with GenericDLQHandler

svadu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 15 12:21:14 EST 2008

Hi all,

I use JBoss 4.2.2 configured for Tibco EMS  as per: http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=IntegrationWithTibcoEMS

While normal reception of messages works:

anonymous wrote :
  | 2008-02-15 17:45:34,121 DEBUG [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivation] Setting up org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.JmsActivationSpec at 17f9401(ra=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.JmsResourceAdapter at f4104f destination=queue/MyQueue isTopic=false tx=true durable=false reconnect=10 provider=java:/TIBCOJMSProvider user=null maxMessages=1 minSession=1 maxSession=15 keepAlive=60000 useDLQ=true DLQHandler=org.jboss.resource.adapter.jms.inflow.dlq.GenericDLQHandler DLQJndiName=queue/DLQ DLQUser=null DLQMaxResent=5)

and I am able to receive and send messages to the queue.

However, I have problem that messages that are sent to DLQ are getting resent by the MDB to the DLQ in an infinite loop.
After some debugging it appeared that JMSXDeliveryCount in the message is not incrementing...
Since GenericDLQHandler is the one that treats messages in DLQ in this case I've check what it does and it appears that the only way I see for GenericDLQHandler to increment the resent counter is if msg.getIntProperty throws a JMSException which isn't happening.

Can someone give me a clue on the problem (I hope I described the problem more or less accurately)?
Do I need to rely (woudl require even more vendor specific configuration) on the external JMS server (Tibco in this case) to handle redelivery counts?

Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129730#4129730

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129730