[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Cannot obtain java type mapping for {http://business/jaw

JoPe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 16 08:10:22 EST 2008

What's this type mapping about after all? I'm trying to write my first own webservice and did two tutorials, leading to this client code:
package test.de.laliluna.library;

  | import java.net.URL;
  |
  | import javax.xml.namespace.QName;
  | import javax.xml.rpc.Service;
  | import javax.xml.rpc.ServiceFactory;
  |
  | import de.laliluna.library.BookTestBean;
  |
  | public class WebServiceTestClient
  | {
  |
  |     /**
  |      * @param args
  |      */
  |     public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception
  |     {
  |         URL url = new URL("http://localhost:8080/FirstEjb3Tutorial/BookTestBean?wsdl");
  |         QName qname = new QName("http://library.laliluna.de/", "BookTestBeanService");
  |         ServiceFactory factory = ServiceFactory.newInstance();
  |         Service service = factory.createService(url, qname);
  |
  |         BookTestBean serviceEndpoint = (BookTestBean)service.getPort(BookTestBean.class);
  |
  |         serviceEndpoint.test();
  |     }
  | }

leading to this exception:
Exception in thread "main" org.jboss.ws.WSException: Cannot obtain java type mapping for: {http://library.laliluna.de/}test
  | 	at org.jboss.ws.metadata.builder.jaxrpc.JAXRPCMetaDataBuilder.processDocElement(JAXRPCMetaDataBuilder.java:627)
  | 	at test.de.laliluna.library.WebServiceTestClient.main(WebServiceTestClient.java:22)
The last line refers to the statement "Service service = factory.createService(url, qname);"

I expected not to have to care about XML internals of the web service when using Java Annotations - like this:
    @WebMethod
  |     @Oneway
  |     public void test()
  |     {...

So, if you could answer these questions:
1. Where/how can I manually specify a type mapping? Or do I need to extend my Annotations?
2. My web method has neither parameters nor a return value, how can there be any types to map??

I'd really appreciate it.

Also, does anybody know a good webservices tutorial for complete webservice rookies using JBoss?

Thanks in advance!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4129818#4129818

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4129818