[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Re: Restart own application after error

ReKie do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 18 04:02:37 EST 2008

Hi jaikiran,

thank you for your quick response. I know about the deployment of exploded and zipped archives, and we use zipped archives to deploy.

But deployment was not exactly what I meant, sorry for not communicating this close enough.

Maybe an example makes it more clear: If a client (browser) selects a page and some parts of this page can not be displayed (eg: a picture is not found, or there is some mistake in the icefaces treefiew...) this is bad for the person wanting that information, but the application is still able to serve other requestes. But if the application throws an error in the backend (eg: an serialisation error or a JNDI lookup fails (thx to your latest blog-entry this is going to happpen far less in future ;) ) the application does not serve any more requests. For that case it would be nice to have a mechanism that puts back the application into a state where it can work as expacted again (like it does right after startup/deployment) WITHOUT having to redeploy the applicatin or restart the server.

It can very well be that I am asking a realy stupid question here, and if ther is no way to do what I am asking for, just tell me that there is no thing as an "perpetuum mobile" and I will keep redeploying the application or restarting the server.

Thank you very much
Reinhard

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130034#4130034

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130034