[jboss-user] empty servlet responses

Stephen Davidson gorky at freenet.carleton.ca
Mon Feb 18 11:01:21 EST 2008

Hi Andreas.

This is just a WAG, but are you using InputStream to read your file?  And/or are
you aborting when 0-bytes read?  If so, I would change that to -1, as 0-bytes
can occur when the filesystem and/or JVM is busy.  I could be off base here, but
a 'while (bytesRead <= 0)' would cause the symptoms you are seeing.

-Steve
PS> Two items you can not turn off on your platform;
- GC
- Kernel level file access -- linux has a background file process running to
reorg files to keep them from becoming fragmented.