[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Comparing JBoss Portal to Liferay or other portal produc

aerostra do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 18 18:29:25 EST 2008

One of my reasons for choosing JBP was that the admin ability was very easy to figure out and I needed something that could be easily understood by the end user. Second was that I got JBP v2.4 working with Java Studio Creator portlets I had done, with very little additional config work - something I cannot seem to do with any other portal. Thirdly, and more importantly a fact which is overlooked by the out-of-the-box crowd, is that the documentation is excellent.

On another note, it just feels nicer to configure and use even if you haven't had much experience with Jboss AS/Portal server! Ok. you don't get ready made portlets like Liferay, but if you are writing your own, then JBP is my recommendation.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130250#4130250

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130250