[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EntityManager is null

kgreene do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 19 14:16:27 EST 2008

Ok,  I am very lost. Forgive me, I am new to jboss and ejbs. I've been looking for a solution for several hours and still have not found the answer.  I misspoke about the actual issue.  The dao object is not null.  I get NameNotFoundException because it can't find it.  When I bring up my jndi console it's not there, which is why I'm assuming it can't find it.

I'm calling the lookup from a message-driven bean. I didn't think this is considered client code and didn't think lookup would even work.

If I move the entity manager to the message-driven bean, then it works.  However, I get an additional issue in that flush does not commit the updates to the database. I thought perhaps moving the entity manager to a class outside the message-driven bean would solve this issue; however, I have not gotten this to work.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130513#4130513

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130513