[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Personalization? UBT

ChuckMorrison do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 20 05:45:56 EST 2008

thank you for the suggestion.  I have gone through the spec.  very nice!  type of document to read through multiple times.

The document mentions personalization in the beginning.  "A portal is a web based application that . . . provides personalization,"  "A portal may have sophisticated personalization features to provide customized content to users . . . " And I guess since a user can save various portlet settings and select what portlets they have on their portlet page, this is a form of personalization.

What I was interested in more specifically and which the spec did not address (or at least I could not find it) was tracking user navigation, or as Sun describes it UBT - User Behavior Tracking.  I was wondering if there was any type of built-in UBT support in JBoss Portal as there is in Sun Java Portal Server 7?

Or are there any portlet libraries to support this? Or would we have to wrap our own solution?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130682#4130682

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130682