[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Jboss server configuration for JMS, JBOSS MQ

pc762012 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 20 22:35:06 EST 2008

Hello,
I need help on configuring jboss and our server for our situation.
 We have a java backend application on a Jboss 4.2.0.GA App server. There are 8 clients dynamically located elsewhere.
We have a JbossMQ jms implementation with three queues and three topics defined.There is a module on the backend which sits on Jboss which communicates via JMS with these clients.
For each new client added I see from the netstat that a new client is connected to port 8093. We are planning to increase the clients from 8 to 20 , then to 50 and then to 500 maybe. I was wondering how many client connections can port 8093 handle simultaneously without problems?
These multiple clients subscribe to the topics and have jms listeners implemented. SO any updates to the topics would cause concurrent consuming and acknowledging of the topics.  Parallely they also publish reports to the queues which then are received by the backend module and are persisted in the database.
How would I configure jboss in this situation?
How much memory should I allocate for cache?
How many concurrent connections can the jvm handle and how many can the windows server overall handle?
Jboss sits on a windows 2000 sp4 server.
Your expert opinions and guidance are very much appreciated.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4130963#4130963

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4130963