[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - CookieDomain non clustered on jboss 4.0.5 doesnt work

delkant do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 21 03:21:58 EST 2008

Hello guys,

I'm trying to configure the jboss (i have in production a 4.0.5) to have a unique JSESSIONID cookie for two hosts in the same domain.

i have something like this  http://app1.zxy.com and http://app2.zxy.com and what i need is that  both of them have a "zxy.com" cookie for the JSESSIONID.

i found this in the jboss wiki:  http://www.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SingleSignOn

i try to use this line:
<Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" cookieDomain="xyz.com"/>

on my server.xml inside the jbossweb.deployer
path: jboss-4.0.5.GA/server/myConfig/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar

in server.xml i insert this lines, with the intention of define a new host y try to asociate to it a cookieDomain.

  | <Host name="app1.xyz.com"  autoDeploy="false" deployOnStartup="false" deployXML="false" configClass="org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.config.JBossContextConfig">
  |         <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn" cookieDomain="xyz.com" />
  |
  |  </Host>

my new host is defined inside the

  | <Engine name="jboss.web" defaultHost="localhost">

because i put in my /etc/hosts list a entry pointing to localhost the app1.xyz.com domain.

THE RESULT
========

when i try to come in to http://app1.xyz.com:8080/myApp i recibe a white page and no error in the server.log

can anyone help me?? please!!