[jboss-user] [Tomcat, HTTPD, Servlets & JSP] - Migrate existing Tomcat-application - using session together

tomka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 21 11:29:55 EST 2008

Hello.

we want to migrate our existing tomcat bases web application to a JBoss architecture. In the first step of the migration process we want to use both systems together: new parts of the application should be integrated with JBoss, existing parts should be used from the old application.

I think it should work like this:
- We build a new web application with JBoss.
- We copy the war-file of the existing application to the tomcat and register the context.
- In the menu of the new application we integrate some links to the .jsp-files of the old application.
- Users log in at the JBoss web app.
- When a user click in the menu on one of the menuitems of the old application he does not have to login a second time - the tomcat session is the same for the JBoss web app and the new one.
- No data-exchange exept of user-handling has to be done between the two applications. Perhaps the old application can use some webservices from the JBoss

Does this scenario work?
Are there any integration-problems in general?

Thanks for answers, Tomka.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131143#4131143

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131143