[jboss-user] [Security & JAAS/JBoss] - Re: Using database for authorization ONLY?

tresspicher do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 21 23:53:57 EST 2008

Thanks, that was very useful and exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately, if I remove the Roles parameters from the LdapExtLoginModule configuration, the login fails. Is there any straightforward way to use LdapExtLoginModule for only the authentication portion of the login and to delegate all role assignment to the DatabaseServerLoginModule? Will I need to modify LdapExtLoginModule? If so, can you give me some pointers for doing so?

If there is a better solution, I would also like to hear your suggestions. In our particular setup, the user names and passwords are part of a huge company-wide server. We have specific roles we need that will be used by a tiny subset of the company so modifying the LDAP server is not an option. We want to use the company's LDAP server for username/password verification, but use our own database to assign roles.

I am desperately hoping for a response. I need to get this working in the next 2 days or I'm in trouble.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131266#4131266

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131266