[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - ejb3 & jbpm-enterprise & seam

jgeraert do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 22 05:18:28 EST 2008

Dear all,

I'm trying to integrate the jpm-enterprise.jar into my own project. I have added it as EJB module in my application.ear and all the beans deploy like it should.

I have a ejb3 session bean that starts up the process.

it fails in EjbSchedulerService.java

  |  try {
  |       Context initial = new InitialContext();
  |       LocalTimerServiceHome localTimerServiceHome = (LocalTimerServiceHome) initial.lookup("java:comp/env/ejb/LocalTimerServiceBean");
  |       localTimerService = localTimerServiceHome.create();
  |     } catch (Exception e) {
  |       JbpmException jbpmException = new JbpmException("ejb local timer lookup problem", e);
  |       log.error(e);
  |       throw jbpmException;
  |     }

It says 'env not bound'

however, i tried to configure the dependencies in ejb-jar.xml and jboss.xml of my ejb3 session bean:

ejb-jar.xml:

  |  <session>
  |             <ejb-name>InklessProcessInitiatorBean</ejb-name>
  |             <ejb-ref>
  |                 <ejb-ref-name>service/LotService</ejb-ref-name>
  |                 <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
  |             </ejb-ref>
  |
  |             <ejb-local-ref>
  |                 <ejb-ref-name>ejb/LocalTimerServiceBean</ejb-ref-name>
  |                 <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
  |                 <local-home>
  |                     org.jbpm.scheduler.ejbtimer.LocalTimerServiceHome
  |                 </local-home>
  |                 <local>
  |                     org.jbpm.scheduler.ejbtimer.LocalTimerService
  |                 </local>
  |                 <ejb-link>TimerServiceBean</ejb-link>
  |             </ejb-local-ref>
  |

  |         </session>

and jboss.xml:

  |         <session>
  |                 <ejb-name>InklessProcessInitiatorBean</ejb-name>
  |                 <ejb-ref>
  |                         <ejb-ref-name>service/LotService</ejb-ref-name>
  |                         <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
  |                         <jndi-name>xxmlx_shopfloor_intf/LotService/remote</jndi-name>
  |                 </ejb-ref>
  |
  |                 <ejb-local-ref>
  |                                 <ejb-ref-name>ejb/LocalTimerServiceBean</ejb-ref-name>
  |                                 <ejb-ref-type>Session</ejb-ref-type>
  |                                 <local-home>
  |                                         org.jbpm.scheduler.ejbtimer.LocalTimerServiceHome
  |                                 </local-home>
  |                                 <local>
  |                                         org.jbpm.scheduler.ejbtimer.LocalTimerService
  |                                 </local>
  |                                 <ejb-link>TimerServiceBean</ejb-link>
  |                                 <local-jndi-name>LocalTimerService</local-jndi-name>
  |
  |                         </ejb-local-ref>
  |
  |         </session>

still it says 'env not bound'

What am i missing here?