[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Token.signal() ---> 2 tokens?

kukeltje do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 22 10:14:58 EST 2008

anonymous wrote : Please, can you clarify what the difference is between 'the states' and 'the state nodes'?

I probably should have said 'wait-states' and state-nodes. task-nodes are generally also wait-states, and the generic 'node' can be made into a wait state or auto-transitioning node by adding java code to it

anonymous wrote : If jBPM is no longer capable/suitable, then I need to find that out pretty soon!  No, not much has changed. Maybe the behaviour around this signalling of the root-token (or any subtoken that arrives at a fork) has.

Your 'solution' seems ok, but I wonder what the advantage is in doing it this way. You can use 'node' instead of 'state' which can auto-transition if finished. No need to signal at all then. Might have some disadvantages also, but probably less if you use them where applicable and async states where possible.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131444#4131444

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131444