[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Re: Can

vickyk do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 23 01:21:28 EST 2008

"vola" wrote : Because I am working on self-adaptive system. If too many exceptions are thrown, I hope the system can self-adapt to solve the problem by itself.

Theoritically there can be couple of ways which comes to my mind , but don't do it unless there is not workaround
1) Modify the InternalManagedConnectionPool , have the variable in the Counter which will should be updated here .
else
  |          {
  |             // UPDATE THE COUNTER HERE
  |             // we timed out
  |             throw new ResourceException("No ManagedConnections available within configured blocking timeout ( "
  |                   + poolParams.blockingTimeout + " [ms] )");
  |          }
In the InternalManagedConnectionPool$Counter keep  getFailedCount()/setFailedCount methods , these should again be exposed through the JbossManagedConnectionPool .
This is trivial change in
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/connector/src/main/org/jboss/resource/connectionmanager/InternalManagedConnectionPool.java
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/trunk/connector/src/main/org/jboss/resource/connectionmanager/JBossManagedConnectionPool.java

2) Have a Mbean which will scan the server.log file and check for the occurance of the NoManagedConnection Error .
Or you can direct the error logging to a specific log file , the Mbean will use this log file and change the setting of the Pool on the fly .

But DON't try these options , you should identify the peak load to which pool can be subjected and configure max pool size accordingly .
The pool will shrink if these connections are not used over long time which is configurable (idle-timeout-minutes)  , so keeping the high value for the pool will not be the issue , the pool implementation will take care of all .

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4131596#4131596

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4131596