[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - New Bie JBoss Cache Replication

chandra_88 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 26 02:30:05 EST 2008

Hi,

I have two jboss instances running on a single machine with different ports
VM1 - port 8280
VM2 - port 8380
The jboss instances are participating in a cluster. I have a simple war containing a servlet and i have deployed in the farm folder of VM1 so that the war gets replicated in the other VM2 instance.

I have a simple servlet which creates a cache and echoes its value.

  | public class MyServlet extends javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet implements javax.servlet.Servlet {
  |    static final long serialVersionUID = 1L;
  |    TreeCacheMBean cache;
  |    private int count = 0;
  |    	public MyServlet() {
  | 		super();
  | 		init();
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void init()
  | 	{
  | 	    MBeanServer server=MBeanServerLocator.locateJBoss();
  |
  | 	    try{
  | 	        cache=(TreeCacheMBean)MBeanProxyExt.create(TreeCacheMBean.class, "jboss.cache:service=TreeCache", server);
  |
  | 	    }
  | 	    catch(Exception exp)
  | 	    {
  | 	        exp.printStackTrace();
  | 	    }
  |
  | 	}
  |
  | 	protected void doGet(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) throws ServletException, IOException {
  | 		// TODO Auto-generated method stub
  | 	    try{
  | 	        count++;
  | 	        cache.put("/a/b/c","Key1",count);
  | 	        cache.put("/a/b/d","Key2",count);
  | 	        response.setContentType("text/html");
  | 	        PrintWriter out = response.getWriter();
  | 	        out.println("<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>");
  | 	        Integer cachevalue = (Integer)cache.get("/a/b/c", "Key1");
  | 	         out.println(cachevalue.intValue());
  |

>From this code i expected when i do http://:8280 the cache to be created and put some values in the cache . Say i made a request 10 times to this location the count val should be 10 .

Now when i hit the url http://:8380 the value should be 10 it echoes 0 .  Is it a wrong test case to test if so how i can make sure the cache gets replicated in this scenario. Note I have copied a rep-Syncservice.xml in the deploy folders of both the vm instanaces.

let me know how do i fix this
- Many Thanks

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132045#4132045

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132045