[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Re: Default Pages On Reboot

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 26 16:48:40 EST 2008

Yes, if you are using the same database for development and production, you could just copy the database contents, provided that you have not, during development or testing, put a lot of things into the database that you don't want in production. As an example, I placed a lot of things into CMS to test out various directory structures, and some of those artifacts ended up with multiple revisions. But in production I wanted just the last directory structure and last version of only some of the artifacts. For this it was easier to start with a clean database with my desired CMS content as the default content. I spent a lot of time in development reinitializing everything, including the database, that I wrote an ant script to do it for me. Thus my latest portal layout was always in *-object.xml files. And it was easy to place the portal under version control as it was being developed.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132325#4132325

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132325