[jboss-user] [JCA/JBoss] - Destroying Unmatched Connections !

chavali do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 28 08:50:03 EST 2008

Hi ,

I need some help with my understanding of matchManagedConnections.
Some background- I have 5 connections in my pool and a client makes a request for a connection object. However his ConnectionInfo does not match with the existing 5 connections. I was under the presumption that a new connection will be created and added to the pool. That is what happens but suprisingly all the other 5 connections are closed as they did not match. The error message is as follows,

"2008-02-28 14:34:52,875 WARN
[org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool] Destroying connection that could not be successfully matched: org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.NoTxConnectionManager$NoTxConnectionEventListener at 1cd8bf7[state=NORMAL mc=com.jca.connector.impl.CSTAManagedConnection at 1f61bcf handles=0 lastUse=1204189471703 permit=false trackByTx=false mcp=org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool$OnePool at 1a0353d context=org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.InternalManagedConnectionPool at 10769dd]"

Each client request should result in one call to matchManagedConnection instead of multiple calls. The InternalManagedConnectionPool code shows that the call is made on each of the ConnectionListeners. What is the reasoning behind this ?

Basically I need the old connections to be open as well. How can I acheive this ? Any help would be appreciated !!!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132851#4132851

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132851