[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Re: Less coding by custom nodes/jrules/etc...

pojomonkey do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 28 11:20:09 EST 2008

"trouby" wrote : Well, the designer is not so easily extend able, I better leave it for now,
Wise decision...

"trouby" wrote : What about extending the default node, but having more tags specified in its body?
You could, but that'll still mean changing the core jBPM source to have them parsed.

"trouby" wrote : I also hope that the engine delegates the XML tags to the node execution itself so I can read them, if this is possible, then great.
The tags are delegated to the node class, but at the time the definition is read from the XML source - so not at execution time. (At least, I'm pretty sure that's how it is.)

You could add configuration in the jbpm.cfg.xml if you want to defer evaluation till runtime - check out http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v3/userguide/mail.html#mailserverconfiguration and see how that's used to configure email nodes.

e.g.
<jbpm-configuration>
  |   <string name='resource.mail.properties' value='jbpm.mail.properties' />
  | </jbpm-configuration>
[/url]

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132924#4132924

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132924