[jboss-user] [Remoting] - P2P Client Callback with streaming

pat.chang1973 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 28 11:37:39 EST 2008

Hi,

We are keen to build a P2P server which allows multiple clients to register to the server. Each client call to the server should evoke a push to zero or many peers, who would have registered to the group chat earlier.

Question 1:
Is it possible to have each clients socket context connection saved in the server so that the server can do a push to the registered clients? I am not too sure if the pull / push callbacks are the right way to go forward. The "Mina" framework offers this feature, if I can remember right.

Question 2:
Will the client push from the server work for clients behind NAT firewall.

Question 3:
Secondly, we would also like to utilize the streaming feature to distribute documents among peers. Can the similar solution be used for streaming documents among group

Kindly advice,
Pat

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4132930#4132930

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4132930