[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - HOWTO Dynamically Create Portal Pages

kahotep do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Feb 28 17:24:32 EST 2008

The project that I am working on needs to be able to dynamically create portal pages.  Here is an example of what I am talking about.

A mechanic wants to have a page, in his portal, for a particular vehicle that he is in charge of.  These pages display data that is particular to that vehicle.  There are a few different vehicle types, so there would be a template for each vehicle type, but the page would be customized to the particular vehicle that the mechanic selects.

Instead of the mechanic having to create a new page himself, then drag all of the portlets onto the page, etc, I would like the mechanic to see a menu of available vehicles, then be able to add the page for that particular vehicle "on the fly."

This way all of the portlets would appear on the page, with a minimal effort on the part of the user.

Does anyone know of a good way to do this in JBoss Portal 2.6.4 ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133012#4133012

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133012