[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Multiple instances and configurations

braca do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 29 01:47:29 EST 2008

Hello,
I want to use 3 different configurations and 3 instances on one server JBoss 4.0.5. I configured it like documented on jboss.org: For each configuration I added a different ports-configuration in jboss-service.xml which is "bound" to a certain ports-configuration in sample-configurations.xml. It's a Swing application, the only difference is that each configuration uses a different database.

However, I can only connect to the application with the ports-defaults configuration. But if the default configuration is started, I can also connect with the other applications/configurations. Of course I don't want to start the default configuration every time - so what's wrong?

Every client connects by using a different port, e.g. java.naming.provider.url=10.31.3.69:1299/. But it looks like the client tries to connect by a different port (1099).

The stacktrace is:
1. javax.naming.CommunicationException: 'Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 10.31.3.69:1299/ and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out]'
			Stacktrace   :
			   at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1414)
			   at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:594)
			   at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:587)
			   at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
			  Trigger list :
			1. javax.naming.CommunicationException: 'Failed to connect to server 10.31.3.69:1099'
				Stacktrace   :
				   at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:269)
				   at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.checkRef(NamingContext.java:1385)
				   ... 49 more
				Trigger list :
				1. javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: 'Failed to connect to server 10.31.3.69:1099'
					Stacktrace   :
					   at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:243)
					   ... 50 more
					Trigger list :
					1. java.net.ConnectException: 'Connection refused: connect'
						Stacktrace   :
						   at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
						   at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)
						   at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:84)
						   at org.jnp.interfaces.TimedSocketFactory.createSocket(TimedSocketFactory.java:77)
						   at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.getServer(NamingContext.java:239)
						   ... 50 more

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133072#4133072

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133072