[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - Re: JBOSS5 + Spring Deployer version confusion

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 29 17:03:47 EST 2008

"dlmiles" wrote :
  | I am correct in thinking the above version is for JBoss AS 4.2.x and older ?  But should not be used wit JBoss AS 5 ?

Yes, only JBossAS 4.x.

"dlmiles" wrote :
  | Should something appear in the JBossAS console log ?

If you use trace log for deployers packages, there should be some log indicating that deployer was added to MainDeployersImpl/DeployersImpl.

"dlmiles" wrote :
  | I am correct in thinking this should be used with JBoss AS 5 and newer ?

Yes, it's the new breed of deployers. :-)

"dlmiles" wrote :
  | Now if I wanted to upgrade to 2.0.7 or 2.0.8 is a recompile necessary or can I replace the spring-*.jar files inside the jboss-spring.deployer file ?

It depends on the back (or in this case fwd) compatibility of Spring lib.
I had no problems changing between 2.0.8 and 2.5.

"dlmiles" wrote :
  | Could I also suggest that all dependent JARs what are bundled please use the file name that includes the version of said file like "spring-core-2.0.99.jar" not just the plain "spring-core.jar" so its really clear to audit.

You can suggest :-), but I'm not gonna do that. ;-)
Those are Spring files as such, I don't wanna modify them in any way.
And you can see the version in its manifest.mf file.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133371#4133371

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133371