[jboss-user] [JBoss/Spring Integration] - Re: JBOSS5 + Spring Deployer version confusion

dlmiles do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 29 19:55:21 EST 2008

Thank for your prompt reply.

I was able to turn on logging to see SpringParserDeployer and ApplicationContextDeployer being picked up by editing */conf/jboss-log4j.xml and adding:

     <appender-ref ref="CONSOLE"/>

Also for interest with those reading this thread (as of this time) Spring 2.0 is shipped with JBoss Spring Deployer 3.0.  This saves you from downloading every version of Spring framework and comparing JARs until you find a match.

I disagree you are not modifying the file by changing the filename by appending the version number like spring-core-2.0.8.jar but would support you stance if I was asking for the content to be modified (which I am not).

I can also see that the MANIFEST of jboss-spring.deployer itself does not include its own version number and would also like to see jboss-spring.jar from inside the *.deployer file renamed to jboss-spring-3.0.jar (as well as version in the manifest).  Both would be ideal and would save you documenting a README file about which version you built with this week.

My next problem is that one or more Spring bean descriptors does not use XSD/Namespaces but DTD, is that allowed ?

Caused by: org.jboss.xb.binding.JBossXBException: Failed to parse source: Failed to parse schema for nsURI=, baseURI=null, schemaLocation=http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd

Now my remaining concern: I have a WAR in my EAR which currently has spring*.jar's inside (/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar) what is the correct way the package those ?

If the JBoss deployer version (of Spring Framework) and the WAR version (of Spring Framework) were different, would there ever be a problem, I am thinking that the WAR container encapsulaltion will still work fine, since I would need to go to JNDI to obtain access to an ApplicationContext for any components deployed via JBoss Spring Deployer.  Is my understanding correct on this ?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4133398#4133398

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4133398