[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Propagation of Persistence Context in Seam

breako do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 11:15:53 EST 2008

"breako" wrote :  Hi,
  | If Seam managed EntityManagers are being used, the Persistence Context propagates between the EntityManagers that are in the same conversation. This is very good and useful.
  |
  | I am just wondering if another component, for example an EJB is using an EntityManager in the same transaction as a Seam Component which has a Seam managed EntityManager, would the Persistence Context propagate. I doubt it. but just want to make sure that it is correct to say:
  | "Seam only propagates persistence contexts between Seam managed EntityManagers used in the same web request?"
Or to put this question another way, what is the scope of the propagation of the persistence context? How does seam know how far to propagate it?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116441#4116441

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116441