[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Re: EntityManager not auto-flushing at end of SLSB method

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 2 23:13:57 EST 2008

Thanks Mazz.

I am aware of the transaction layering effect  (for lack of a better term) that applies if one session beans calls another.  I am certain all of my session bean methods are exiting.
The code is simple and basic.  In this particular method I create one entity and modify another.  Neither is saved to the DB unless I call em.merge.

However, as an experiment, I added this to the method in question:

@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRES_NEW)

My understanding of this annotation is that the container should begin a new transaction for this method and it will end when the method exits. Correct?  Adding this made no difference. I have never seen any of this work as documentation suggests it should work.  I have been using JBoss AS for along time but this is my first EJB3 app.  What could I have done wrong to cause this behavior?  Again, 4.0.5.GA w/EJB3  (used installer and selected EJB3, Windows XP 64-bit)

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116596#4116596

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116596