[jboss-user] [JBossCache] - Does it matter with the warning "Name of XA node not defined

scotthkao do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 3 03:06:35 EST 2008

Hello,
I'm a beginner to JBossCache and JBossTS.
I'm running 9 standalone JBossCache applications on 9 different machines, with each application on a machine. I use JBossTS as a means to maintain the data integrity. The way I got it to work together is only by:
1. defining the attribute "TransactionManagerLookupClass" in the jboss xml so as to hook up the TM.
2. invoking cache.getConfiguration().getRuntimeConfig().getTransactionManager().begin()
3. invoking cache.getConfiguration().getRuntimeConfig().getTransactionManager().commit() or rollback().

Just the three above. Nothing more I've done to get it work.
It seems to work correctly. But each time the standalone JBossCache application is launched, an annoying WARN message pops up in the log file as follows:

...[com.arjuna.ats.arjuna.coordinator.TxControl_1] - Name of XA node not defined. Using -53eefec4:11ee:477aefc2:1

I don't know why or when I should set up the XA node. Could any of you tell me what's it gotta do with my JBossCache with transaction? Could there be any potential problems without manually setting the name of the XA node?

Thanks in advance,
Scott

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116625#4116625

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116625