[jboss-user] [Messaging, JMS & JBossMQ] - Access JMS Queue from a Remote Client

mdenieffe do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 3 18:29:28 EST 2008

I'm new to JBoss so if this question has already been asked I apologise in advance.

Background Info
Currently we have a swing application which runs on the same machine as JBoss and I've been asked to remove the Swing Client onto it's own separate machine and this is where the problems are starting...

To the Question...
Is there any configuration needed when accessing a JMS Queue from a remote client (Swing App)? Are there any config files that need to be changed so that a client can have access to the Queue, as I had to use the run.bat -b [IP ADDRESS] parameter when trying to access a Session Bean   remotely, so I'm wondering are there similar settings regarding the remote access of a Queue, do I have to configure a security file in JBossMQ to allow remote connections?

Any help, documentation or point me in the right direction would be a great help....

JBoss4.0.4-GA JBossMQ

Thanks in Advance

Mark Denieffe

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116901#4116901