[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - <s:convertEntity /> within pages.xml

DamonChong do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 3 22:13:06 EST 2008

Hi,

I would like to pass a parameter from one seam page to another which is of type EJB3 entity. I am not sure if this is supported. I tried to use the <s:convertEntity> within pages.xml but could not get it to work (see details below). Lastly, if this is not supported, would the Seam team kindly consider supporting this feature? I will put up the request officially if there is any remote chance that it may be considered.

Many thanks in advance for any feedback. 8-)

In the first seam page, I have this entry in pages.xml

  | 	<rule if-outcome="ViewEdit">
  | 		<redirect view-id="/subfunc/viewEdit.xhtml">
  | 			<param name="strain" value="#{searchStrainCtrl.selection}">
  | 				<s:convertEntity />
  | 			</param>
  | 		</redirect>
  | 	</rule>

...and in the second seam page, this is the entry to retrieve the page parameter in pages.xml.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116924#4116924

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116924