[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - Cannot Load *any* class via reflection

ryanonsrc do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 4 03:46:17 EST 2008

My web application (which is deployed under JBoss) is throwing a lot of exceptions and they appear to all be instances where calls to java.lang.Class.forName() is failing.

The current configuration I am using is actually quite simple: a single web-application deployed in a single WAR.  And the only classes that the application is attempting to load resides within that WAR.

I realize that the docs recommend the use of "Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader().loadClass(...)" instead of "Class.forName()" but this doesn't work either (and it seems odd that all the classes in the web application appear to be running just fine, yet none can be loaded via reflection).

Extensive googling has turned up nothing that addresses this issue.  Anyone have an idea?  Thanks in advance.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4116949#4116949

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4116949