[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Seam transaction problem (maybe unclear)

dreuzel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 4 07:01:06 EST 2008

I need  to do  a lot  of  independent  updates  in one  session.(JTA)

principaly  I need  multiple  Begin/commit  sessions

and  I use  a delegate  session to handle  the transactions.

even though (all/most)  transactions are commited successfull
i suffer  from the  main transaction  being  timed out.
This apearently causes all (previously  committed ??!?) transactions  to be  rolled back

I understand, seam handles the transactions itself using (8.2Seam manged transactions )
mentions :
use an extended persistence context that is scoped to the conversation, instead of to the transaction

use two transactions per request; the first spans the beginning of the update model values phase until the end of the invoke application phase; the second spans the render response phase

is there  some  solution to the  problem , Whatever  happens  a long
operation gets  terminated  by a timeout

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117013#4117013

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117013