[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Caching of navigation path

tulumvinh do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 4 19:12:47 EST 2008

Hello all,

Question:  How do I disable the caching of navigation in a portlet?
Scenario:  Login to portal as user "admin" -> click on 'admin" link -> clickon the "home" tab -> navigate to the detail pages of a portal.  Then click on the "members" tab, when you click on the "home" tab, you are automatically at the detail page.  It seems that there is caching done on the navigation path within the portlet.
Questions:
- This navigation path caching does not seem to be done with Transient/Session or persistent cookies, true?
- is this caching control by <expiration-cache> tag within portlet.xml?  I set the tag to a value of 0 but it didn't work.
- How do I inactivate this caching.

I am using:
JBoss AS 4.2.1 and JBoss Portal 2.6.2

Any guidance is appreciated.