[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - relative vs absolute urls (problem with proxy)

sztank do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Jan 5 10:10:29 EST 2008

Hi,
I trying to deploy jboss seam application in the following configuration:

Apache as a front server and jboss as as my application server. The users connects to the server through the VPN or SSH tunnels. The apache sever work as a proxy.

(user request) https://foo/bar -> apache proxy -> (jboss) 127.0.0.1:8080/bar

In pages.xml I'm using redirection like this:

<page view-id="/page1.xhtml">
    	<navigation from-action="#{contractActions.action}">
   		    <redirect view-id="/page2.xhtml"/>

I have the following problems with urls:

Problematic scenario:

1. User started the application using url https://foo/bar/page1

2.User click the action button (h:comandButton)

3. The form is submited

4. User gets a WRONG url in the responce: http://127.0.0.1:8080/bar/page2

So it looks that jboss used absolute url. Is it possible to enforce using the relative url in the above scenario?

In places when the a4j:commandButton is used there is no problem like that. Currently a replace all commandButtons with a4j:buttons and redirect  to the proper page in pages.xml but It is awkward.

My jboss administrator is saing that this is jboss/releative/absolute url's configuration issue.

It is my first development using Jboss Seam. I would be very grateful for some advice.

(I using seam 2.0.0.GA)
Best regards!

Stoigniew Sztank

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117309#4117309