[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: Different Message id for each listener

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 6 05:42:31 EST 2008

Hello Assaf, I am still having trouble understanding your scenario:

"assaf49" wrote :

  | Scenario Clarified:
  | 1) Producer sends Message A.
  | 2) BEFORE Message A is recieved, some Connection failure occurs on the Listeners side. Note that the client does NOT crash, it's just a 'small' connection problem.
  | 3) JBM is trying to recover the Listeners Connection failure.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "JBM is trying to recover...".

Are you using a clustered connection? If so, JBM will attempt to failover to a new server if it detects the connection is lost.

Maybe you have coded your own exception listener and reconnect logic?

anonymous wrote :
  | 4) Producer sends Message B (while JBM is still in process of trying to recover the Connection failure).
  | 5) JBM manages to recover the Connection failure (as to your question, remember that there is no need to Recreate the listeners because they never crashed in the first place).

Not sure what you mean by "JBM manages to recover..."

anonymous wrote :
  | 6) Redelivery mechanism redelivers Message B to Client (can this happen?)

No redelivery mechanism should kick in unless you have coded your own exception listener and have implemented some retry logic.

anonymous wrote :
  | 7) Redelivery mechanism redelivers Message A to Client (order is lost and the Listener is not even aware of it)

Order should never be lost.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117366#4117366

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117366