[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: Entity/Session bean coupling

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 6 16:44:21 EST 2008

"parszab" wrote : It seems to me, however, that this way my Sesson beans have to be to closely coupled to the web UI, and won't be available to be called from the Swing UI.

Not really, you just need to separate the concerns of your app properly (this is a case when some layering would be beneficial).

anonymous wrote : Entity beans contain data about the contexts, that's no more that a bit disturging, since the swing clients can simply ignore that.

They certainly don't have to (and I prefer they don't, this was something we experimented with early on and have since swung away from, preferring to manage the entity beans using a Seam manager component like EntityHome and a factory).

anonymous wrote : But the session beans returning FacesMessages, and string values to manage the page flowm in and outjecting etc. -- that is too close coupling for me.

So, keep your business logic in e.g. EJBs, and provide two facades, one for Web apps using Seam and one for Swing using whatever you want. (Btw Seam doesn't really support Swing at all as a front end).

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117406#4117406

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117406