[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: trying to display a .doc file

jazir1979 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 6 23:23:57 EST 2008

I serve files out of the DB using a custom FileServlet, with code similar to the following:

  | response.setHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" + file.getFilename());
  | response.setContentType(file.getContentType());
  | response.setContentLength(file.getData().length);
  | response.getOutputStream().write(file.getData());
  | response.flushBuffer();

It sounds like you want to load yours from the filesystem, but it should be similar.  The "Content-Disposition" header with value "attachment" makes it open the file in a new window.

"mikeeprice" wrote : Trying to display a an MS Word .doc file with

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117433#4117433

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117433