[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: how can I create a simple database aplication?

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 7 05:26:51 EST 2008

"Mussie" wrote : Can't I use HSQL DB why mysql?

Yes, just configure a HSQL in persistent mode in -ds.xml

anonymous wrote : And whats the sence of update if I have to validate the database?
  | I thought hibernate generates the db relations out of my entities?

Then use create-drop, but loose your data, or use update.

anonymous wrote : And why are all the examples with in memory based persistence I can't picture any use-case for that.

Because it's great for examples. Read the hsql docs, its a 2 line change to make it persistent, and without the tables being create-droped.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117474#4117474

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117474