[jboss-user] [JNDI/Naming/Network] - Re: javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Can't find prope

jaikiran do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 7 06:15:38 EST 2008

As waynebaylor mentioned, the most likely reason is that the jndi.properties file is not being found in the classpath. Try out waynebaylor's suggestion. Furthermore, which version and implementation of Java are you using? When you start JBoss, it prints out the JDK information. I use JDK 5 from Sun and see this output when the server is starting:

  | 16:37:22,464 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.5.0_07,Sun Microsystems Inc.
  | 16:37:22,480 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 1.5.0_07-b03,Sun Microsystems Inc.
  | 16:37:22,480 INFO  [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows 2003 5.2,x86

What do you see on your system?

Also, you mention that your jndi.properties contains:

anonymous wrote : java.naming.factory.initial=org.jnp.interfaces.Nam ingContextFactory

I see a space between letters in "NamingContextFactory". Is this a typo while posting in the forum or is this the actual content in your jndi.properties file?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117501#4117501

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117501