[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - configuration: hiberante events in seam

mars1412 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 8 07:04:46 EST 2008

I am trying to create some eventlisteners for hibernate:
http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/reference/en/html/events.html#objectstate-events
but my listeners seem not to fire.

I think, it's just a configuration issue.

I created a simple listener, by overriding the default hibernate update event listener:

  | public class HibernateUpdateEventListener extends DefaultUpdateEventListener {
  | 	@Override
  | 	public void onSaveOrUpdate(SaveOrUpdateEvent event) {
  | 		System.err.println("update-event listener fired");
  |
  | 		super.onSaveOrUpdate(event);
  | 	}
  |
  | }

the configuration in my hibernate.cfg.xml file:
        <event type="update">
  |         	<listener class="com.twentyfouract.web.session.util.HibernateUpdateEventListener"/>
  |         </event>

this file will be located in my.ear/my.jar/hibernate.cfg.xml (in the same direcotry, as the seam.properties file)
* is this the correct place fo the hibernate.cfg.xml file?
  | * do I need some other configuration?
When I now call update() in my EntityHome class, I expect the message to be written to stderr, which does not happen...

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4117876#4117876

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4117876