[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for entity w/SI

lpmon do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 8 21:47:46 EST 2008

JBoss 4.0.5.GA w/EJB3 and Hibernate 3.2.3.ga (I think this is Hibernate version )

I am trying to use entity inheritance.  I have followed JBoss examples.

If I don't put updatable=false, insertable=false on the discriminator column I get this error at deployment time:

19:04:43,113 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service persistence.units:ear=mixseam.ear,jar=mixseam.jar,unitName=mixseam
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for entity: com.moretolike.ejb3.entity.VideoTrack column: trackType (should be mapped with insert="false" update="false")
	at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Configuration.java:698)
	at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFactory(HibernatePersistence.java:127)
	at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.PersistenceUnitDeployment.start(PersistenceUnitDeployment.java:264)

Caused by: org.hibernate.MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for entity: com.moretolike.ejb3.entity.VideoTrack column: trackType (should be mapped with insert="false" update="false")
	at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.checkColumnDuplication(PersistentClass.java:652)
	at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.checkPropertyColumnDuplication(PersistentClass.java:674)
	at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.checkColumnDuplication(PersistentClass.java:696)
	at org.hibernate.mapping.PersistentClass.validate(PersistentClass.java:450)
	at org.hibernate.mapping.SingleTableSubclass.validate(SingleTableSubclass.java:43)
	at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.validate(Configuration.java:1102)

If use: updatable=true, insertable=true I get this error on an insert:

20:43:29,020 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 22001
20:43:29,020 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] Data truncation: Data too long for column 'trackType' at row 1
20:43:29,020 ERROR [AbstractFlushingEventListener] Could not synchronize database state with session
org.hibernate.exception.DataException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
	at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:77)
	at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)

I am guessing that I really need updatable and insertable as true and when false it yields this last error.   What is the deal here? I am following examples.  Is there a bug related to this?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118122#4118122

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118122