[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Property not found on type org.hibernate.collection.Persist

jdijkmeijer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 9 04:03:24 EST 2008

Hi,

I have a datamodel of objects(keywords)  having a one - many relation with other objects (competences).
Keyword.java:

  | 	@OneToMany(cascade = CascadeType.ALL, fetch = FetchType.LAZY, mappedBy = "keyword")
  | 	public Set<Competence> getCompetences() {
  | 		return this.competences;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setCompetences(Set<Competence> competences) {
  | 		this.competences = competences;
  | 	}

Competence.java:

  | 	@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
  | 	@JoinColumn(name = "keyword_id", nullable = false)
  | 	@NotNull
  | 	public Keyword getKeyword() {
  | 		return this.keyword;
  | 	}
  |
  | 	public void setKeyword(Keyword keyword) {
  | 		this.keyword = keyword;
  | 	}
  | 	@ManyToOne(fetch = FetchType.LAZY)
  | 	@JoinColumn(name = "person_id", nullable = false)
  | 	@NotNull
  | 	public Person getPerson() {
  | 		return this.person;
  | 	}
  | 	public void setPerson(Person person) {
  | 		this.person = person;
  | 	}

Once the user selects a Keyword, the chosen keyword becomes the keyword in focus via:

  | 	@DataModel(value="keywords")
  | 	private List<Keyword> keywords;
  |
  | 	@Out(required=false)
  | 	@DataModelSelection(value="keywords")
  | 	Keyword focusKeyWord;

And the user is taken to a new page, On the new page I want to show the competences attached to the focusKeyWord:

  | <ice:dataTable var="competence" value="#{focusKeyWord.competences}" id="test">
  | <ice:column>
  | <f:facet name="header"><ice:outputText value="naam"/></f:facet>
  | <ice:commandLink value="#{competence.person.firstname}" action="{personMgr.selectPerson}">
  | <f:param value="#{competence.person.personId}" />
  | </ice:commandLink>
  | </ice:column>
  | </ice:dataTable>

But this fails with the exception: Property 'person' not found on type org.hibernate.collection.PersistentSet. Should I use a second datamodel for the competences attached to my focusKeyWord or are there smarter ways to solve this exception?
Many thanks in advance!

PS my environment:
Mac Ox 10.4.11
java 1.5.