[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: SoapFault on returning the web service response

richard.opalka@jboss.com do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 9 10:28:04 EST 2008

"ggary" wrote : I kept experimenting with this service and when I commented out @ResponseWrapper annotation it started generating correct wsdl.

  | Now I am confident that there is a bug in JBossWS

I don't think so. Here are some points you should know:

 * there's almost always no reason to use @ResponseWrapper(className="package.ClassName") on your methods
 because this annotation parameter defines the runtime generated wrapper bean name you as user will never see and deal with
 * one possible reason to use this annotation parameter is e.g. http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=FAQ#Why_I.27m_getting_.22propertyname_is_not_valid_property_on_class_mypackage.jaxws.Propertyname.22.3F
 * for further information take a look to JAX-WS specification where you can find more information about @RequestWrapper and @ResponseWrapper annotations

Back to your problem.
 * you can omit @ResponseWrapper(className="xyz") definition, it's not necessary
 * ensure your SpamResult class is JAXB well annotated (see my example above)
so it can be de/serialized by JAXB runtime

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118323#4118323

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118323