[jboss-user] [JBossWS] - Re: Writing a client - no examples for BindingProvider based

mjhammel do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 9 11:11:32 EST 2008

Sorry - I didn't catch you're reply till today.  I've been waiting for some feedback over in the EJB3 forum. I don't have all the links saved, but one that has some detailed explanation as to why it shouldn't work in web services at all is here:

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/ss141213/archive/2005/12/dont_use_persis_1.html

The blog is old, but since it discusses how the specs say this shouldn't work it seemed fairly authoritative. There were other links I found as well, some newer than this one and related specifically to JBOSS.  I just didn't save them. Even if injection could be made to work, if I can't return a table row using Hibernate generated EJB3 objects then this is of no use to me.

To be honest, I'm about ready to abandon EJB3/JAX-WS under JBOSS 4.2.2GA/Hibernate.  I've been at this a month now and I still can't get a simple table row returned from my web service.  The simplicity promised by EJB3 just seems like the complexity moved to new places.

While older and partially unsupported now, at least EJB2.1/JAX-RPC worked with JBOSS 4.05GA/Middlegen/Axis.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118346#4118346

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118346