[jboss-user] [Beginners Corner] - JBOSS JSTL <sql:dataSource> issue

WE-energies2 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 9 12:27:53 EST 2008

I have seen many posting on this issue, but none of them solved my issue.

I can not get <sql:dataSource> tag to connect to my data Source file.

I am now thinking my app/server is setup wrong.

I can get the JSP to work if I do not use the datasource file.
I have that option commented out in the sample code below.
Here is the quick sample JSP .

  | <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core"%>
  | <%@ taglib prefix="sql" uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/sql"%>
  |

  | <sql:setDataSource  dataSource="OracleDS" />
  | <!-- driver="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
  | 	url="jdbc:Oracle:thin:@pxxxyyyzzzz:1521:pedcd50k" user="xxxxxx"
  | 	password="yyyyyyy" />
  | -->
  | <sql:query var="data" >
  |  	select * from coll_active_campaigns
  | </sql:query>

  | 	<head>
  | 		<title></title>
  | 	</head>

  | 		<form>
  | 			height="203">
  | 			<c:forEach var="camp" items="${data.rows}">
  | 						${camp.schedule_id}
  | 						${camp.campaign_id}
  | 						${camp.cd_campaign}
  | 						${camp.campaign}
  | 			</c:forEach>
  | </form>

  | <datasources>
  |   <local-tx-datasource>
  |     <jndi-name>OracleDS</jndi-name>
  |     <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@pxxxxxyyyyzzzzz:1521:pedcd50k</connection-url>
  |
  |     <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
  |     <user-name>xxxxxxx</user-name>
  |     <password>yyyyy</password>
  |     <!-- Uses the pingDatabase method to check a connection is still valid before handing it out from the pool -->
  |     <!--valid-connection-checker-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleValidConnectionChecker</valid-connection-checker-class-name-->
  |     <!-- Checks the Oracle error codes and messages for fatal errors -->
  |     <exception-sorter-class-name>org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.OracleExceptionSorter</exception-sorter-class-name>
  |         <!-- sql to call when connection is created
  |         <new-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</new-connection-sql>
  |         -->
  |
  |         <!-- sql to call on an existing pooled connection when it is obtained from pool - the OracleValidConnectionChecker is prefered
  |         <check-valid-connection-sql>some arbitrary sql</check-valid-connection-sql>
  |         -->
  |
  |   </local-tx-datasource>
  |
  | </datasources>

I get this error from JBoss:

10:43:00,131 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Unable to get connection, DataSource invalid: "java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver"
	at org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.sql.QueryTagSupport.getConnection(QueryTagSupport.java:276)
	at org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.sql.QueryTagSupport.doStartTag(QueryTagSupport.java:

Is there something I am missing in the setup?

The datasource file seems to be ok, it deploy correctly on startup.

10:42:38,696 INFO  [WrapperDataSourceService] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=OracleDS' to JNDI name 'java:OracleDS'

I am using JBoss 4.0.5, Oracle 10.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118388#4118388

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118388