[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - JNDI look up datasource problem

Roman.Angelov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 9 14:08:54 EST 2008

Hi All :),
Today I tried to build my first ejb 3 (in fact I tried to use Entity and Session EJB - one Session bean calls Entities and make records in the tables). I tried two configurations of database- one for Jboss hybernate and one for Oracle 9i.
I used these xml files  for datasource connections in the deploy folder:
1. The default hsqldb-ds.xml  - the beans work fine (All actions are successful executed)
2. oracle-ds.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- The Hypersonic embedded database JCA connection factory config -->

<!-- $Id: hsqldb-ds.xml 39791 2006-01-10 18:14:42Z dimitris $ -->

  <local-tx-datasource>
    <jndi-name>TestDS</jndi-name>
    <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:@xx.xxx.xx.xx:1521:sidname</connection-url>
	<!--
		See on WIKI page below how to use Oracle's thin JDBC driver to connect with enterprise RAC.
	 -->
	<!--
		Here are a couple of the possible OCI configurations.
		For more information, see http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle9i/doc_library/release2/java.920/a96654/toc.htm

	<connection-url>jdbc:oracle:oci:@youroracle-tns-name</connection-url>
		or
	<connection-url>jdbc:oracle:oci:@(description=(address=(host=youroraclehost)(protocol=tcp)(port=1521))(connect_data=(SERVICE_NAME=yourservicename)))</connection-url>

		Clearly, its better to have TNS set up properly.
	 -->
    <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>
    <user-name>user</user-name>
    password

    <min-pool-size>5</min-pool-size>
    <max-pool-size>100</max-pool-size>
  </local-tx-datasource>

* I changed the username, password, url and the sid name.

With the second configuration of datasource I have this exeption:

#####################################

21:04:37,343 ERROR [AbstractKernelController] Error installing to Start: name=pe
rsistence.units:ear=chapter8.ear,jar=chapter8-ejb.jar,unitName=actionBazaar stat
e=Create
javax.persistence.PersistenceException: org.hibernate.HibernateException: unknow
n Oracle major version [0]
        at org.hibernate.ejb.Ejb3Configuration.buildEntityManagerFactory(Ejb3Con
figuration.java:663)
        at org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence.createContainerEntityManagerFa
ctory(HibernatePersistence.java:127)
        at org.jboss.ejb3.entity.PersistenceUnitDeployment.start(PersistenceUnit
Deployment.java:259)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.introspection.ReflectionUtils.invoke(Reflec
tionUtils.java:56)
        at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.introspection.ReflectMethodInfoImpl.invoke(
ReflectMethodInfoImpl.java:110)

####################################

I used only persistence.xml in

with content

 <persistence-unit name="actionBazaar">
<jta-data-source>java:TestDS</jta-data-source>

    <!--  Uncomment for automatic table creation-->

</persistence-unit>

with <jta-data-source>java:DefaultDS</jta-data-source> works fine

What can be the problem that I cannot use Oracle datasource?

I use jboss-5.0.0.Beta3 and java  1.5.0_06-b05
Thanks a lot!

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118413#4118413

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118413