[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Re: LocalTx, ClientTransaction leak?

timfox do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 9 15:09:07 EST 2008

Another observation.

In your helper class there's no need to explicitly close the session in your finally block.

Closing the connection will automatically ensure the session is closed (or returned to the pool).

  | finally
  | 		{
  |
  | 		     try
  | 		     {
  | 				if (connection != null)
  | 				{
  | 						connection.close();
  | 				}
  |                      }
  | 		     catch (JMSException e)
  | 		     {
  | 					log.warn("execute: Failed to close the connection", e);
  | 		     }
  |
  | 		}

Is fine.

Looking at your trace, I can see all the allocations are from JBoss JMS Resource adaptor code, not JBoss Messaging code (the resource adaptor is part of JBoss AS, not JBM), and specifically from session.close().

I would try not closing the session explicitly and see what happens.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118426#4118426

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118426