[jboss-user] [Installation, Configuration & DEPLOYMENT] - 5.0 beta3, war class scoping problem

PeterJ do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 10 13:33:39 EST 2008

JBossAS 5.0 beta3 has changed the scoping of classes within war files. Previously (as in 4.x.x, and even in beta3 as of last September), if a class in some other archive (such as an ear) attempted to instantiate a class packaged in a war, I got a exception. With beta3 (and beta4 pulled today after Adrian's classloader change - JBAS-5119), the class is successfully instantiated.

At first I thought that the "useJBossWebLoader" property might now default to true, but is is still false.

Is this new behavior intended, or are the new class loaders broke?

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118795#4118795

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118795