[jboss-user] [JBoss Seam] - Re: How to control end of conversations/state of stateful be

pete.muir@jboss.org do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 10 17:43:03 EST 2008

Chris,

Interesting post. Thanks for the feedback. We do have one large scale app written in Seam in the examples dir - the wiki example which is the basis of the new Seam community site (which is up and running). The problem with large example apps is that they are hard to understand which makes them bad examples!

Before moving to JBoss I did work on a fairly large app with Seam using conversations, and had no real problems with conversation management. I've also seen apps use conversations well in support cases and when consulting.

My tip is to avoid starting conversations from navigation links (those links that take you to other areas of the app), always make navigation disable conversation propagation, and just use conversations *within* each area of the app.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4118867#4118867

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4118867