[jboss-user] [JBoss jBPM] - Starting process from a jsp

francis1970 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 11 11:52:41 EST 2008

Hello,
I have drawn the process with JBPM plugin, now I need to invoke the process from my web application.

Unfortunately when I try to parse the process definition from my Startup-Servlet

ProcessDefinition processDefinition = ProcessDefinition.parseXmlResource("processdefinition.xml");

I get

17:32:39,531 ERROR [JpdlXmlReader] couldn't parse process definition
  | org.dom4j.DocumentException: null Nested exception: null
  | 	at org.dom4j.io.SAXReader.read(SAXReader.java:484)
  | 	at org.jbpm.jpdl.xml.JpdlParser.parse(JpdlParser.java:57)
  | 	at org.jbpm.jpdl.xml.JpdlXmlReader.readProcessDefinition(JpdlXmlReader.java:142)
  | 	at org.jbpm.graph.def.ProcessDefinition.parseXmlInputStream(ProcessDefinition.java:172)
  | 	at org.jbpm.graph.def.ProcessDefinition.parseXmlResource(ProcessDefinition.java:153)
  | 	at pride.ndc.servlets.TestJBPM.doGet(TestJBPM.java:45)
  | 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
  | 	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
  | 	at

This is the checklist I have done:

-Added all jbpm libraries (the same I use with my Eclipse-JBPM Project) under lib of web application

-Added under WEB-INF the files: hibernate.cfg.xml, jbpm.cfg.xml, processdefinition.xml

I'm using JBoss 4.0.x

What else am I missing ??
Thanks a lot
Francesco