[jboss-user] [JBoss OSGi] - Re: OSGi features

alesj do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 11 17:19:31 EST 2008

"tim_ph" wrote : If Spring has it, and JBoss doesn't. It's a big disadvantage.

We have it, just not completely done yet.
And we're doing much more than Spring.
We're implementing our own OSGi core framework on top of MC.
They are just using the existing implementations out there.
I'm not saying that's bad, but it's completely different picture.

The OSGi kind of classloading has been in the MC for a while now.
It's just yesterday that we included this new classloading for the first time in our new AS5.

"tim_ph" wrote :
  | Updating modules on-the-fly is a dream on any deployment scenario.

This was always possible in JBoss, from the introduction of JBoss MicroKernel, based on JMX.
Decoupling of services with the help of MBeans via MBeanServer allowed that.

"tim_ph" wrote :
  | Please put that in JBoss or Seam.
Seam is JBoss. ;-)
You probably mean AS5.
It will be there, via our new kernel - the Microcontainer.

View the original post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4119263#4119263

Reply to the post : http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4119263